Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday's Ramblings

Wow, two posts in a row!!  I'm on fiyah!!  Truth be told, I've got some pretty cool things going on in my life right now, which means I have a LOT rattling around in my head.

I took part in my first Thinking Out Loud Thursday a couple of weeks ago and thought today would be another great opportunity to do it again.

I think, rather than this be about me thinking out loud, it will be about me laughing out loud...I want to talk about things that crack me up.  I laugh.  A lot.  I love to make people laugh and I love, love, love being around those who can make me throw my head back and laugh right out loud.  Here are some things that are tickling my funny bone as of late:

1.  "Shit just got real" - this just makes me giggle.  This is a line from Bad Boys 2, which was forever ago, but thanks to Tumblr and Pinterest it has become a tag line on some seriously funny pics....Case in point:
This pic is so perfect for so many reasons....Usain Bolt for one (thank you God for that beautiful Jamaican man) and Forest Gump...come onnnnnnnnnnnnn that is some funny shit right there!!

2. The 21st century usage of the word "douche".  Dear God this makes me laugh.  The Urban Dictionary defines douche like this: a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for vaginas. 
HAHAHAHAHA!!!  It seems to be the general consensus that men who wear white rimmed sunglasses are significantly douchier than those who don't.  Let's all just take a moment and appreciate the fact that I also just used my new favorite phrase - "significantly douchier" in a sentence.....
Now to be fair, I LOVE a good man-bod...but this guy, with the hair gel, and the fake tan and the white-rimmed glasses...no gracias...Jersey Shore called...just sayin'.

3.  Scaring the crap out of cats.  Yes, sometimes (well, most times) the little devil on my shoulder drowns out the little angel.  We have two cats in our house, and I just cannot help myself.  When they see something that they have no idea what it is and are sneaking up, all my brain sees is an opportunity for mirth and merriment. Admittedly, every morning when I grind up my flax seed for my smoothie, I wait until our kitten is not looking, then I buzz it and laugh hysterically as she does the Fred Flintstone out of the kitchen and down the hall.  Yes, I'm an ass.  It's not just the live performances either.  Videos of cats also get me laughing so hard that I end up crying.  Maybe it's not just scaring...cats are just funny as hell...dress one up and watch it try to walk and you will know what I'm saying.


4. My oldest daughter.  I am so crazy in love with both of my girls, but this one...oh how we laugh.  She is almost 15 - she has my sense of humor (thank God), and we find the most ridiculous and often inappropriate things funny.  Our days are filled with random texts and photo messages that have cracked us up.



5. Head, gut or groin.  We are all familiar with the game on AFV.  This is obviously a universal source of hilarity.  I just cannot contain myself when I see these things happening in front of me, I'm sorry.  Yes, I do care if you are alright, but just let me compose myself first!  This little clip combines this AND my favorite tv show, Modern Family: 







6.  Speaking of Modern Family...oh how I love that show.  Thank you syndication!!  Every single episode makes me literally laugh out loud.

So there you have it...these are just a few of the things that crack me up lately.  Don't ever pass up the chance to laugh right out loud!!  Well, except at a funeral....that just ain't right...

3 comments:

  1. Lol! Oh thank you for just making me laugh out loud on more than one occasion. I'm going to make it a point to use "Shit just got real" and "significantly douchier" at least once in daily conversation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! Thank you Amanda!! Those phrases are guaranteed to add color to any conversation!!

      Delete
  2. That guy - just too much for me. I love your idea for this post "Laughing Out Loud!" These are great.

    ReplyDelete